Wreck Me by J.L. Mac
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved every friggin minute of it and J. L. Mac did a fantastic job writing it! She has wrecked me but in a totally good way and I cannot wait for Restore Me because I want MORE and you will too!!
Josephine "Jo" Geroux is bitter and angry. Boy is she angry but who could blame her, really? She has lived a very hard, shitty life after a terrible accident claims the life of her parents, therefore leaving her all alone at the very young age of 9.
Fast forward 16 years and Jo is 25 years old, self taught and has survived things only some of us can imagine or have only seen in movies. She is quite the realist (her words) and she has a dirty mouth according to Damon! She also has a job in a bookstore surrounded by what she loves, books, but everything in this life that is hers is forever questionable! Her faith, living, trusting, loving, all of it, is questionable!
The idea of having faith in anything to a homeless teenager is just asinine.
I am ashamed to admit that I have contemplated living versus ending it all.
Oh how my heart broke for her! And then, she meets Damon Cole! Damon has many characteristics, NONE of which are bad in my opinion, he is sexy, he is sweet, charming, friendly, wealthy and totally 100% alpha male who dominates Josephine. Their relationship comes together fairly quickly but it works for them and when you are reading their story you won't think twice about it. It flows so well! I fell in love with them!
Josephine starts to FEEL so much for and with Damon. It confuses and astounds her!
I have never allowed anyone to have such power over me, but I want this man to take me. All of me.
Their attraction to one another is undeniable yet different, like they have met before. He says to her “See? You felt it too and now you see it,” he whispers in my ear and he is right.
As the two of them spend every waking moment together and fulfilling every need for each other they are both captivated by what they feel and realize they don't want to be anywhere else. Then more tragedy strikes
I feel like my world is crumbling beneath my feet but Damon walks in and I have something to grab onto. It’s frightening and comforting all in the same.
He fulfills me in a way no man ever has.
When I read Wreck Me my heart broke for Josephine and then Damon healed it. I laughed at her dirty mouth, I understood her, I was happy for them and then I cried for them. I highly recommend this book!! I could have read it in a day but as you all know work gets in the way. J. L. Mac did a fantastic job she had a hold on me from the beginning until the very end and has left me wanting more! I truly don't believe you will be disappointed in reading this one! Honestly I could go on and on!!
I was given an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review! I leave you with these final quotes
“Even if it takes the rest of my life, I swear to you, I’ll make you forget every bad thing that has ever happened to you.
I live to make you smile, Josephine.”
View all my reviews
Buy your copy here on Amazon 2.99
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~SEPTEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~OCTOBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~NOVEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~DECEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017